What a great way to get the kids to eat turnips!
- 8 cups of chopped turnips (about 10-12 medium turnips), peeled and diced
- ½ pound of bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Put diced turnips is a large pot and fill with water or bone broth.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer, uncovered, for at least 30 minutes or until tender (the longer you simmer, the better because the less bitter it will be.)
- While the turnips are cooking, cook your bacon in skillet over medium heat until crispy.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and then crumble your bacon.
- Once turnips are done simmering, drain well.
- Return turnips to pot and add all remaining ingredients, except the bacon and chives.
- Mash to desired consistency.
- Fold in bacon.
- Top with fresh chopped chives.
Brought to you by PrimallyInspired.com