Serving 2 – 4
- 1 or 2 daikon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bundle fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the daikon and chop into pieces resembling French fries. Toss with the coconut oil (or Olive Oil) and a few pinches of salt.
- Distribute in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until the daikon is tender and slightly browned. (Near the end, you might need to stir the daikon around to prevent the pieces near the oven’s walls from burning.)
- Remove the thyme leaves from the stems. Discard the stems and chop the leaves finely.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, freshly milled black pepper, and about 2/3 of the thyme.
- Remove the fries from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 of the chopped thyme. Serve with the dipping sauce.