If you’ve never bought kohlrabi before, here’s a great reason to try it.
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium kohlrabi or 1 medium celery root (celeriac), peeled, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 small heads frisée, torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1 crisp red apple (such as Pink Lady or Honeycrisp), thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
Total: 20 minutes
- Toast caraway seeds in a small dry skillet over medium heat, tossing often, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- Whisk caraway, oil, vinegar, and mustard in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Add kohlrabi, frisée, apple, and 2 Tbsp. chives to bowl with dressing and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Top salad with remaining 2 Tbsp. chives just before serving.
Brought to you by BonAppetit.com