Makes two sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 peaches, pits removed and rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed, peeled, and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, rough chopped
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, black and cayenne peppers. Gently toss in the peaches and basil. Set aside while you prepare the grilled cheese.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 ounces Great Midwest Chipotle Cheddar, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
Heat a large skillet with a well-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in the pan, and then arrange all four slices of bread in the pan. Fry for 1 minute, and flip. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan and arrange the cheese slices on each piece of bread. Edge heat down to medium and cover. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted nicely.
Remove the four bread slices to a plate. Divide the spinach between two of the slices and then spoon on 3 tablespoons of the bruschetta. Cover each one with one of the remaining slices. Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Brought to you by: www.brooklynsupper.net