Skip to the content
- 5 & 1/2 pounds apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground gloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place the apples in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Pour the mixture over the apples in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 9-10 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Uncover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Transfer into a food processor and pulse just until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate or freeze.