- 1/2 recipe pie dough (one sheet)
- 1/4-1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1 1/2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- handful of fresh basil
- cream for brushing
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll out the pie dough into a large round, 12-14″ wide and about 1/8″ thick.
- Scatter half of the goat cheese over the dough. Add the cherry tomatoes, then the rest of the cheese, leaving a 1-2″ edge of bare dough. If desired, chiffonade half of the basil and sprinkle it atop the tomatoes.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the tomatoes, pleating as needed to maintain a circular shape. No need for it to be perfect; it should look rustic.
- Transfer the parchment paper with the tart on it to a baking sheet. Brush the cream over the pleats of pie dough.
- Place the tart in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and the tomatoes have softened and begun to wrinkle.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before scattering it with the rest of the basil and serving.
This tart is delicious warm or at room temperature. I like to top mine with an over-easy egg.
Brought to you by Diane A Broad.