- -1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, seperated
- -3 medium turnips
- -1 large shallot
- -2 cups kale, chopped (can also use turnip greens)
- -1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- -Salt and pepper, to taste
- -2 – 4 eggs (1 or 2 per person)
- -Hot sauce, to taste
- Grate shallots and turnips, either with a hand-held grater, a food processor grater, or chop into thin, short strips.
- In large saute pan, melt 1 Tbsp. butter over medium-high. Add shallots and turnips. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sauté until turnips begin to brown, 5-7 minutes. Add kale (or turnip greens), and stir until kale begins to wilt. Cook another 5-7 minutes, until kale is tender, stirring every so often to keep from sticking. Stir in mustard.
- Make 2 holes in the pan. (If cooking 2 eggs per person, you may need to cook 2 eggs separately, depending on the space in the pan). Divide remaining 1/2 Tbsp. of butter between each. Crack eggs into each hole. Season with salt and pepper. Use a spoon and spatula to flip when bottom is set.
- Divide turnip hash between three plates and top with the eggs. Serve, drizzled with a dash or so of hot sauce, if desired.
*Can pocket in a pita for a breakfast sandwich!
Brought to you by: Foodfitnessfreshair.com