If you haven’t tried already, here’s a recipe that uses the whole carrot, including the feathery carrot green leaves as the sauce.
- 2 cups carrot leaves without the stalks
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut (optional)
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- juice of half lemon
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 6 to 7 spring carrots
- 2 cups pasta (I used fusilli)
- feta cheese to crumble on top (optional)
- To make the sauce, put everything in a food processor (except olive oil) and grind until it forms a smooth paste. Now, pour oil and run the processor once again to form a creamy sauce.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots into thin strips.
- Boil enough water in a pot for the pasta. Once done, add salt and drop the pasta in boiling water. Set the timer for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes, drop shaved carrots and let it cook for 1 minute. Drain everything into a serving bowl and pour the carrot leave sauce on the same bowl.
- Toss everything together and serve warm.
- Feel free to add some feta or parmesan cheese on top.
Recipe brought to you by: PlayfulCooking.com