Need a new signature side dish to bring to the dinner party? Try this yummy roasted radishes and sauteed kale. Roasting the radishes mellows out the usual zippiness found in raw radishes, and they make a great alternative to the usual veggies.
Citrus Salt Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 2 small bunches radishes, stem ends trimmed and cut into halves or quarters of even size
- 4 cups packed kale, stripped from stem and cut into 2-inch pieces (I used Tuscan kale)
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Citrus salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan halves
Citrus Salt Directions
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. (or the lowest setting)
- Combine the salt and lemon zest in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the radish pieces to a bowl and toss with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the grapeseed oil. Sprinkle with the citrus salt and ground black pepper to season. Toss to combine.
- Place the radishes on a baking sheet in the oven for about 20 minutes, tossing them occasionally, or until the radishes start to get tender and golden.
- Remove from the oven and keep warm.
- Add the remaining grapeseed oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the shallot and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the kale and the lemon juice. Season with the citrus salt and ground black pepper. Toss and cook for about a minute.
- Place a lid on the pan and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat when wilted.
- Toss the kale, radishes and pecan pieces together and serve on individual plates.