Roasting veggies is one of our favorite ways to cook what we grab from market. It is simple and delicious! Sometimes keeping things basic yields the tastiest of dishes! Pick up these ingredients from market and throw it all in a sheet pan… viola.
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 onions, peeled and diced into strips
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 3 turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil/avocado oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F
- Place the butternut squash, carrots, sweet potato, onions, parsnips, and turnips into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper, and place the vegetables into a deep roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the vegetables have lightly browned around the edges and are tender, about 45 minutes. Stir once as the vegetables roast to ensure even cooking.